Sunday, January 1, 2012

Route 3 Walkthrough

Route 3 is simply a level where you can train and catch more pokemon. This is a great place to train as well as catch some pokemon without worrying if any get through. This is also where you can start to earn some decent money, which I will discuss in my next post. Play this level multiple times so you can get your pokemon to higher levels. Training a lot now means you won't have to train much later. There are also quite a few good pokemon you can catch here, and you may see your first shiny pokemon here, if you haven't seen it yet. Here, I would make sure I catch a Nidoran (Male or Female it doesn't matter) so you can take advantage of Helping Hand, which Nidoking and Nidoqueen learn. Fortunately for me, I was able to catch a Shiny Nidoran Male as well as a Shiny Nidoran Female, which made leveling them up and evolving them pretty easy. Helping Hand is definitely a great attack, so try to make sure you get one of them. Also, try to catch six Mankeys here. Why? Because they are the pokemon that can be used for the money making method my next post will be about. Anyways, focus on training your pokemon this level, as this is one of the best in Chapter 2 for training. Try to go back and catch a Pikachu from Viridian Forest 1 and train it here. This Pikachu will be extremely helpful for the Cerulean Gym levels coming up. Just place it at the beginning of the level, and set its targeting options to "Most Health". Now place your strongest pokemon at the end of the level, and make sure it can kill most everything that comes by. Now, every time a pokemon is defeated, your Pikachu will get 50% of the experience. This method works with any pokemon, not just Pikachu, as long as you have a strong pokemon at the end of the path. Train as much as you can on this level. Set a goal, such as "I will train until my pokemon reach level 20" or "I will train until I see and catch a shiny pokemon". Stick to your goal and the next levels will be easier for you.

Catchable Pokemon: Pidgey, Spearow, Nidoran Male, Nidoran Female, Jigglypuff, Mankey

No comments:

Post a Comment